- RSS Channel Showcase 7066658
- RSS Channel Showcase 5525085
- RSS Channel Showcase 4514227
- RSS Channel Showcase 4503611
Articles on this Page
- 09/10/18--04:30: _Our Lord in the Att...
- 09/12/18--04:30: _Six awesome Amsterd...
- 09/14/18--04:30: _The De Hallen Foodh...
- 09/17/18--04:30: _The Rembrandt House...
- 09/18/18--09:32: _6 ways to beat Euro...
- 09/19/18--04:30: _Indonesian rice tab...
- 09/21/18--04:30: _6 must-visit Amster...
- 09/24/18--04:30: _The Verzetsmuseum: ...
- 09/26/18--04:00: _Frites, Frieten, Fr...
- 10/01/18--04:00: _Amsterdam’s “bitter...
- 10/03/18--04:30: _When is the best ti...
- 10/11/18--04:30: _Meet a Camino de Sa...
- 09/10/18--04:30: Our Lord in the Attic: Amsterdam’s clandestine church
- 09/12/18--04:30: Six awesome Amsterdam breweries (besides Heineken & Amstel)
- 09/14/18--04:30: The De Hallen Foodhallen: Amsterdam’s delicious street food market
- 09/17/18--04:30: The Rembrandt House Museum in Amsterdam
- 09/18/18--09:32: 6 ways to beat Europe’s crowds
- 09/19/18--04:30: Indonesian rice tables: Going beyond pancakes and fries in Amsterdam
- 09/21/18--04:30: 6 must-visit Amsterdam street markets
- 09/24/18--04:30: The Verzetsmuseum: Amsterdam’s WWII resistance museum
- 10/01/18--04:00: Amsterdam’s “bitter” bar snacks: Bitterballen and Bittergarnituur
- 10/03/18--04:30: When is the best time to visit Barcelona? | Barcelona Travel Tips
- 10/11/18--04:30: Meet a Camino de Santiago expert, Q&A with author Beth Jusino
Hidden away in Amsterdam, Our Lord in the Attic Museum thrusts visitors back in time hundreds of years. Past the seedy Red Light District and cannabis coffee shops, in what outwardly appears to be a canal house, lies a secret that goes back over three centuries. Step inside. After exploring the various stately rooms with […]
The post Our Lord in the Attic: Amsterdam’s clandestine church appeared first on Rory Moulton.
Amsterdam enjoys what may be Europe’s most-vibrant craft-beer scene. Amsterdam breweries boasted “microbrewery” status long before that was cool. And the city’s added several more high-quality small brewers in just the last few years. Here are a half-dozen Amsterdam breweries I personally vouch for. And I love beer. 1. Brouwerij’t IJ Next to the historic […]
The post Six awesome Amsterdam breweries (besides Heineken & Amstel) appeared first on Rory Moulton.
Do you like the idea of perusing street food from around the world in an atmospheric historic building? How about slaking your thirst with house-brewed craft beer available nowhere else in Amsterdam? Of course you do! Therefore, I do declare, you’re going to love Foodhallen Amsterdam. About Foodhallen Amsterdam and the De Hallen Foodhallen Amsterdam […]
The post The De Hallen Foodhallen: Amsterdam’s delicious street food market appeared first on Rory Moulton.
Connect with Amsterdam’s artistic past and immerse yourself in visceral history at the Rembrandt House Museum. This historic building was the home and workshop of famous artist and former Amsterdam resident, Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn, during the 20 years between 1639 and 1658. History of the Rembrandt House in Amsterdam The construction of the original […]
The secret is out: Everyone should travel Europe at some point in their lives. But everyone doesn’t have to go AT THE SAME TIME! Apparently, that seems to be the thinking among a certain set. I’m here to correct that misguided notion and offer a few more clues on how to beat Europe’s crowds. 1. […]
Amsterdam cuisine usually elicits thoughts of pancakes and french fries. And that’s entirely accurate. Therefore, you may be surprised by the popularity, even ubiquity, of Indonesian rice tables in Amsterdam. Especially if you are unfamiliar with the history linking the two countries. When Dutch colonists explored the archipelago now known as Indonesia, the way in […]
The post Indonesian rice tables: Going beyond pancakes and fries in Amsterdam appeared first on Rory Moulton.
Amsterdam street markets run the gamut from high-end and niche to workaday stalwarts stuffed with every product imaginable. While the famous flower market (Bloemenmarkt) draws the crowds, these six Amsterdam street markets offer delicious food, interesting bric-a-brac and a far more authentic Amsterdam market-shopping experience than the tourist-touted ones. 1. Albert Cuyp Market (my favorite […]
Amsterdam is a hive of world-class museums, and the Verzetsmuseum, the Dutch resistance museum, shines brightest among the gems. In fact, critics christened it the Netherland’s best historical museum. The Dutch Resistance in WWII Between 1940 and 1945 Nazi Germany occupied the Netherlands. The occupation sparked a predominately nonviolent movement now commonly known as the […]
The post The Verzetsmuseum: Amsterdam’s WWII resistance museum appeared first on Rory Moulton.
While the origin of the humble French fry generates much debate (which we’ll get to), there’s absolutely no denying the fried potato has reached its culinary zenith in Amsterdam (okay, and neighboring Belgium). Golden-brown and thick-cut, Amsterdam French fries are sold on nearly every street corner and come with an array of toppings. I hope […]
The post Frites, Frieten, Fries: All about those beloved Amsterdam “French” fries appeared first on Rory Moulton.
If you ever find yourself craving a beer after a day of exploring Amsterdam, make sure to order some bittergarnituur, complete with bitterballen. Come again? Roughly translated as “appetizers” in Dutch, this assortment of fried finger foods commonly served in bars throughout Amsterdam dominates the bar-snack scene. These delicious snacks encompass a whole range of […]
The post Amsterdam’s “bitter” bar snacks: <i>Bitterballen</i> and <i>Bittergarnituur</i> appeared first on Rory Moulton.
If you’re planning a trip to Spain’s second-largest city and Catalonia’s capital, then you’re probably trying to figure out the best time to visit Barcelona. Below, we’ll explore some helpful tips as you plan your Barcelona dream trip. With almost 9 million foreign visitors per year, Barcelona is a mecca for global tourism. A must-visit […]
The post When is the best time to visit Barcelona? | Barcelona Travel Tips appeared first on Rory Moulton.
Beth Jusino, author of Walking to the End of the World: A Thousand Miles on the Camino De Santiago, joins us for a discussion about her new book and hiking the famed Camino de Santiago, The Way of St. James. This Q&A originally appeared in my free, monthly email newsletter called EuroExperto. Subscribe here! EuroExperto: […]
The post Meet a <i>Camino de Santiago</i> expert, Q&A with author Beth Jusino appeared first on Rory Moulton.